Do you have questions about anesthesia or possibly when you should take your child to see a dentist for the first time? If you do, you are not alone. Listed below are just a few FAQs. For an extensive list by the American Dental Association visit their website under 'Public Resources' section 'Oral Health Topics' or simply click HERE.
* What is plaque?
* What are some tips for daily oral care?
* How do I brush and floss my teeth?
* What should every patient know about dental anesthesia?
* What are analgesics?
* What is local anesthesia?
* What is sedation and general anesthesia?
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay
* What is baby bottle tooth decay?
* What causes baby bottle tooth decay?
* Why are baby teeth important?
* How to prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
Infants and Children
* When should I take my child to see the dentist?
* Can babies get cavities?
* Is teething painful?
* Do I need to clean my baby's mouth if there are no teeth yet?
* When should thumb sucking stop?
* Can a child lose a primary tooth too early?
* Do I need a mouth protector?
* What are the advantages of using a mouth protector?
* Are there different types of mouth protectors?
* I wear braces. Can I use a mouth protector?
* What effects can smoking have on my oral health?
* Are cigars a safe alternative to cigarettes?
* Are smokeless tobacco products safe?